Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Next Evangelicalism


I just recently started to read a book that truly challenges my assumptions about the practice of church. Here's a quote, "How substantially differently would the Church look if measured success on the parable of the sheep and the goats of Matthew 25 or self-sacrificial community of Acts 2 instead of measuring success based upon cultural values of consumerism and materialism?" The author of the book "The Next Evangelicalism" is Soong-Chan Rah sounds angry with the Western Church. As I was reading I was discounting what he was saying because of the tone it was delivered, but as I began to examine myself it is clear that he is correct on many of his assertions. We need to reexamine our value system about money, status and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment