Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What is Sacrifice?

The answer to this question has been difficult for me to define lately. I often wonder is my life truly an example of a Holy and Living sacrifice. I don't know, but I want it to be. Does that desire count for something? I want to say yes, but with no immediate action on my part, it's hard to reconcile. Tonight I will head out to "Love Bags". Collectively we will continue to fellowship and help feed our communitie's homeless. I will "sacrifice" my time or at least that's what I will tell myself. Is it a sacrifice though? Maybe. What if it were truly a Blessing? And I just can't see it. So often I wonder, what is God doing? Oh how I wish I knew. When I don't know, does it mean something different to me? I hope not, but I'm afraid that is too often the case. With that said, I've been thinking a lot about Abraham. His faith and trust in our Lord was truly remarkable. Will I ever have deep faith like that? I want to believe I would. I want to believe I would take all that I am, all that God has given me, even those things I hold so close so precious, like my Only son and offer it all to God. Will I ever truly sacrifice like Abraham? Will I ever see that sacrifice as a blessing? Abraham did and he didn't even flinch. He never wavered. He just rose and went out in faith! "Here am I", he said, "Here am I"! What will we say? God's Blessings.... Brent W.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Brent, very thoughtful. I can't wait to get out to Love Bags sometime soon too! Glad you are a part of it!


    doody

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME WORK MR. BRENT. You are the man. I can see something happening.

    Duane

    ReplyDelete